These pants are part of a seven-piece Turkish clothing collection that has been stitched from different materials, all woven and hand-embroidered, to be worn with the matching ZI500640a TURKEY silk jacket. The rest of the group includes:
– Silk cloak embroidered with zari ZI500640 TURKEY
– Striped silk jacket embroidered with zari matching with the pants ZI500640a TURKEY
– Felt jacket embroidered with zari ZI500640b TURKEY
– Cotton underwear (shirt) ZI500640c TURKEY
– Linen throw ZI500640e TURKEY
– woolen apron ZI500640f TURKEY
Over 15 years of traveling around Turkey, agent Jade Bréval bought these pieces from shops, small villages, and from people she has met during her travels.
These (pantolon) were stitched by hand from a striped silk material in red, orange, blue and gold colours. At the end of the legs are two wide cuffs stitched from a different type of material in a golden colour with zigzag patterns. The pantolon were hand embroidered with gold and black threads (zari). The decorative geometric patterns include circles, straight lines, and zigzags. These patterns are located down the middle of the front, at the hipbones, and on the sides at the two pockets.